✔️𝙄‘𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙚! 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥✔️
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.🤷🏽♀️
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they have worked for me! 👇🏾💪🏾
- Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment, your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
- Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.😃
- Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”. (I’m obsessed with affirmations)
- Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work best, but I prefer a little hip-hop, or oldies.🎶
- Take some time out for yourself, relax, and read a book, do something for yourself. (Remember Self-Care…Isn’t Selfish) ❤️
- Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.
Wishing you good mental health 💚
2 thoughts on “Mental Health Awareness Month💚 Tips To Beating Depression”
Great list, I think that’ll be very helpful for a lot of people 😄
Sometimes I actually really appreciate the bad days (every once in a while). They alert me to the fact I’ve been overexerting myself.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, same here I’ve learned a lot about coping with my depression through the years! Thanks for reading😃
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.