Hello there friends, I know this post may catch you by surprise, but I really wanted to share with you all as well because I know some of you are still trying to heal from some wounds!!! I started a new series this month in my Facebook Group 𝙐𝙣𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙈𝙖𝙨𝙠: 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙒𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙨: 𝙈𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘿𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙮 𝙄𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚𝙨
You may think that emotional issues should be relegated to the couch in your local therapist or psychologist’s office, yet if you have experienced anything in your past that has left you feeling hurt, disappointed, or not enough, you are walking around with unresolved emotional issues. 🤷🏽♀️
While you may think you are masking them effectively and they don’t affect your life, or business. Have you ever met an irate or rude vendor that just seemed to have a chip on their shoulder? Have you had to deal with an employee who seems to be depressed or have sadness in their energy? Have you ever held back from sharing a business idea or your business vision with someone because you doubted that they would take you seriously? Have you met someone who just walks around cranky all the damn time🤷🏽♀️…I bet you have or you’re that person!
All of these scenarios exist solely because of unresolved and unhealed emotional issues. Whether or not you are aware of it, I would be willing to bet that you are still harboring something that is holding back your success. Unless you are highly aware of the state of your heart and know how to walk yourself through the steps to emotional healing, you are more than likely to slow your potential success because of your issues.
Now for the good news, you can do something about it. As a matter of fact, you can be completely free of any and all emotional triggers, pain, and unresolved hurt. Although it doesnt happen overnight, the old myth that time heals all pain is simply not true. You only heal and release to the extent that you handle the pain. While women usually cover their emotional issues with sadness, shopping, or developing a hardened attitude, men hurt shows up with exaggerated toughness or a larger-than-life ego. It may also show up in cockiness or avoiding relationships that could potentially leave them open to future hurt.
By following the steps below, you can eradicate your messed-up emotions once and for all:
- Acknowledge that incomplete pain is present.
- Identify the source of the pain. When did it begin? Who is it associated with? When was the last time you remember not having this emotional pain?
- Fully realize the depth of the pain you are feeling. When you allow yourself to feel it, how badly does it hurt? Where do you carry the pain?
- Ask yourself what you made it mean about yourself. What conclusions did you draw about yourself? What did you attach or Velcro to what happened? How are you punishing yourself? How are you sabotaging yourself? Did you make it mean that you arent good enough or worthy enough?
- Remember the negative and positive that you experienced. What lessons did you learn? What blessings have come out of the pain?
- Express your pain. Let it outbring completion to the situation without doing harm to yourself or anyone else. Go beyond the anger. Write it. Speak it. Scream it (into a pillow or on a walk in the woods).
- Re-program yourself to redefine your reality. Work on the things that make you feel lovable and deserving of the best. Post what you really want to internalize and believe on your walls, in your wallet, on your desk and on your dashboard.
- Pray! Pray! Pray! Take time to get in touch with God and the fact that you are a child of God. Give your burden to God. Release it. Ask God to take the pain from your heart and spirit. He will. You can wake up and no longer have to carry that raw feeling of hurt and pain.🙏🏾 (my fav step)
- Forgive yourself and the other(s) involved. They didnt know better or didnt act on what they know to be right at the time. Even if it appeared that they vindictively or purposely set out to hurt you, they did what they knew to do at the time. They may have even been doing the best they could at the time. Write a letter to every person you have not yet forgiven. Ask a friend to pretend to be that person and listen to all you have to say. Talk it out with yourself. Do what you have to do in a safe way.
- See it, speak it, be it!!! 💪🏾
You can take any issue still hiding out in your emotional baggage and walk through these steps and you will be released from it. The best way is to think through the steps and then write them down to get them out. Once you write them down, do something with them. Burn them. Tear them up. Bury them. Perform some ritual that represents letting it go. I once even went to a stream, ripped up my steps and watched them go downstream. ( I know parks are probably closed due to the virus) Do whatever it takes to be emotionally free of your barriers to the fearless life you deserve. It is not only possible, it is your time.
I’m rooting for you…
Join me over in my group if you are dealing with:
A narcissistic mom/dad, spouse, friend, or co-worker! I will go into how we can confront, heal, and forget the abuse…remember there is no judgment in my group!!! ☺️💓 𝙐𝙣𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙈𝙖𝙨𝙠: 𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜, & 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙁𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝘿𝙚𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣
➡️Don’t forget to check out my Youtube for more motivation and follow me over social media: @oliviabshepherd