1. Complete this sentence to start your day.
“I love myself because I ___________.”
2. Do housework as much as you can. (Yes a clean house soothes the mind)
3. Have an evening walk with your family.
4. Park your vehicle farther away from the destination. Walking more means burning more!
5. Spend time in Garden and Yard Work.
(I promise this is relaxing and soothes the mind as well)
6. Take the stairs instead of elevators.
7. Your brain also needs exercise. Play some brain games
8. Start journaling.
9. Join classes like dance, tennis, yoga, aerobics, scuba diving or anything you love.
10. Take a break to yourself whenever you stressed out.
A lot of these I have personally done, except for number 9🤷🏽♀️…think I might have to try some yoga 🧘🏾♀️
Wishing You Well,
Published by Olivia B. Shepherd
Welcome, My name is Olivia Shepherd, and I am the founder of this awesome blog about depression and mental illness. I started this blog in 2016 after being diagnosed with Major Depression, Anxiety and PTSD. I didn't have anybody to talk too or share my feelings with, so I decided to share them publicly to help others.
I'm passionate and dedicated to bringing awareness about mental health, especially in the African American community.
I also want to empower your voice to speak up and fight the stigma surrounding this illness.
I’m also the founder of AshesToBeauty Mentoring & Outreach, a virtual online service dedicated to to the positive development and accelerated recovery of girls and women who have experienced abuse and depression, Ashes To Beauty strives to empower women to take their lives back by providing life skill education, one-on-one mentorship and impactful personal tools by which these impacted women can build the foundation for a successful future.
Look forward to having you read my blog,
𝓞𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓪 𝓑. 𝓢𝓱𝓮𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓭 💋
View more posts